About North Harbour Towing
North Harbour Heavy Salvage and Towing Ltd was established over twenty years ago. Before that we were a part of Action Towing, a highly respected towing company which has been based on the North Shore since the early 1970s.
Over 20 years towing and salvage expertise
From small beginnings with one six-wheeler heavy recovery truck we’ve consistently expanded our fleet allowing us to meet client need and undertake all types of vehicle recovery. From normal car breakdown or accident tows through to large truck and trailer towing and salvage, we can handle it all.
Our qualified staff includes a mechanic, an auto electrician and a qualified rigger.
North Harbour Towing Ltd’s trucks are GPS fitted allowing for digital despatch direct to our service vehicles. That means rapid response times are guaranteed.
Towing equipment and towing skill
All North Harbour Towing’s staff are fully trained and skilled in towing and salvage work. We pride ourselves on the speed and efficiency with which we can get your job done. And, we ensure the vehicles we transport are looked after.
We have a diverse range of towing and vehicle recovery equipment, from transporters and tow trucks, to heavy haulage and machinery transporters, and 4 x 4 off-road recovery vehicles.
The type of work we carry out
From a Mini to a Mack truck, our tow trucks can tow any size vehicle following an accident or a breakdown.
In addition to general breakdown and mechanical towing, we do a variety of
other work where towing equipment is required:
- Recovery work – the recovery of runaway vehicles, whatever the size and position.
- Salvage work – we’re often involved in recovery of cars from West Coast beaches or earthmoving equipment stuck on a tricky site or bogged down in soft soil.
- Stabilising work sites – machinery working on steep slopes often requires the added safety of being held in position whilst work is being carried out.
- Winching – from pulling underground cables to setting up the direction of a tree felling operation or the removal of large tree stumps, we have the equipment you’ll need
- Prestige and rare vehicle transportation – we have imported a Zero Angle low bed truck so that even cars with extremely low front spoilers can be lifted easily and with no damage.
Who we work with
Major insurance companies: We contract to all the major insurance companies for accident recovery and transport work.
Roadside Assistance providers: We have a close relationship with many of the Roadside Assistance providers and are contracted to State Roadside Rescue.
New Zealand Police: We are a member of the approved New Zealand Police rostered services for Auckland’s North Shore.
Other towing and salvage companies: Over the years we have established strong ties with towing and breakdown companies throughout New Zealand. If you need assistance outside of Auckland we can recommend reliable and trustworthy companies who can help you.